Nettle Soup

I love nettle soup.  I also love the fact that I can weed my patch and get a lovely meal out of it afterwards.  It gets me laughing all the way to the compost heap.

The last time I cooked this up, my husband said: "That smells delicious!".  I laughed some more.. The nettles are free, but the recipe has lots of other ingredients to enhance the flavour.

Here is my version of nettle soup accompanied by some home-made bread.  Since I started using fresh brewer's yeast, the bread has taken on a deeper flavour and is addictive!



I adapted the River Cottage Nettle Soup Recipe Try it with croutons, crumbled blue cheese or cream or creme fraiche on top.

Links
Wild Nettle Bread Camera & Clementine healthy vegetarian recipes
What Makes Nettle Tea so Good For You?
Nettle Tea HQ - All you need to know about nettle tea.
Nettle Soup and Nettle Risotto Recipes
Nettle Beer - make your own!
Top 10 Uses for Nettles

Comments